Sunday, August 2, 2009

Summer Winding Down

With summer winding down comes the dawn of another school year. And with that a lot of things will keep me busy.

We are currently in our last initiation class for Saints of America for the summer. So I'll be busy with that this week and next. They are currently taking nominations for officers for the coming school year. I've decided not to run again for Communications, but I'm going after the Secretary's job. Noah Smeltzer said he's going to run for Communications and I've nominated him today. But several others will be running for that office too.

I signed up for my classes last week. The required stuff is Geometry, Chemistry, Accounting and Speech. UGH, Speech. I'm also signed up to take Cooking. (mom made me take it). Of course I have Physical Education II this year, the last time I'll have to take gym. Electives are Psychology and Christianity. That leaves me one free period which of course will be study hall.

Extra curricular activities I plan to be involved with are student government, school newspaper and of course the yearbook. I will be running cross country this year. A couple of my friends do and so I figured it's a good way to stay in shape.

But summer can't end until the family takes vacation. We have a family reunion in Michigan next weekend (Friday through Sunday). We'll go up there Thursday and return Monday. Fun, Fun. All the little cousins will drive me crazy. I'm the oldest of all the kids. Most are 10 to 12 year old range now. So guess who will have to probably babysit them when the adults decide to go out drinking. ME. Ugh.

This will probably be my last post here until late in August. I'll probably post next after the family reunion and tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment